Hi! Back again today, to share a quick tutorial for how I made the adorable open-topped box from my post on Monday. You can see the original post HERE.
These are seriously the cutest little open-topped boxes:
It was really quite simple, I followed a great tutorial by Julie Davison. To make this adorable project, start out with a piece of cardstock that measures 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. I started with a card base that was already scored at 4 1/4″ (notated in image below as “Original Score Line”).
- On the short side of the card base, score at 1 1/8″ and also at 4 3/8″.
- On the long side of the card base, score at 3 1/8″ and at 4 1/4″, this is my “original score line” from the pre-scored card base.
- Next on the long side, score at 6 1/2″ from the top and bottom edges to the perpendicular score lines.
- Snip both tabs created with the 3 1/8″ and 4 1/2″ score lines.
- Where you scored down to the perpendicular score lines, using the score lines as a guide, snip both corner rectangles our completely.
You should end up with something that looks like this:
Next, I used a new scallop die (part of the Seasonal Layers Thinlits, coming in the new catalog in June) to cut the top.
After making it all cute and scallopy:
- Add Tear & Tape (or another strong and permanent adhesive like Fast Fuse) on the tabs, like shown below.
- Pick it up, just like it shows in the picture, with the Tear & Tape facing you.
- Fold the smallest tabs in and then fold up the front and back.
- The scalloped tabs will wrap around from the front, covering over the Tear & Tape.
When it’s all done, you can adorn it with any cardstock or designer series paper to suit your project needs. Then stuff it with a bag of something sweet, a gift card or whatever. To make the little double desk caddy like below, just make two open top boxes and glue them together.
Hope this quick tutorial helps you make lots of pretty things!
Is your middle name “Bargain Hunter”?
Then you need to head over to my website right now! The retirement list products are FLYING off of the shelf and today, Stampin’ Up! added a ton of products to the Clearance Rack!
It’s a SALE Frenzy! But don’t wait, because when they’re gone, they are GONE.
I am sweetening the deal for anyone who places orders in my online store through the end of the month using the Host Code WTRZJ3QP!
- Any order will receive 5 FREE Cards from my stash!
- The first SIX orders over $50 will ALSO receive a pack of the Sold-Out-Lightening-Fast Glimmer Paper from Sale-a-Bration! So many missed out on that stuff!
- After the glimmer paper is gone, all orders over $50 will receive a free pack of my favorite card making accessories – Dimensionals!
- Any order over $100 will get all of the above, PLUS a free pack of another one of my favorites – Watercolor Pencils!
Gift packets will be shipped out by May 15th.
So shop the retired and clearance rack by visiting my online store now by clicking HERE.