I was sharing some sneak peeks of cards with a group of girls that had scheduled a private Christmas Card class and asked which one they liked the best. I chuckled as several of the ladies said, “I like the pink reindeer one”…I didn’t have a pink reindeer:
The guy on the bottom left was what they were referring to. He’s actually a WHITE (or Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer) reindeer. You can see the entire project in my post HERE. It was my last entry into the Global Design Project challenge!
It got me thinking though, why CAN’T I have a pink reindeer? I grabbed the Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper and my BigShot and got to cuttin’! I peeked around and found a couple of challenges that I could use to help me with the rest of the details. I found a great card sketch challenge over at Mojo Monday:
And also found some inspiration at the Case the Designer Challenge at Global Design Project:
I love Connie Collins use of color in her projects. They are always bright and cheerful with lots of gorgeous contrast! I found my color inspiration in two of her projects that you can see HERE and HERE. I am a big fan of Mint Macaron and it is dreamy mixed with pink! So here is how I interpreted the challenge:
I love how the stamp from the Here’s to Cheers plays off of the “sparkling” reindeer! How can you not smile at that?
The frame, cut by nesting a square framelit inside of a scalloped square framelit (both in the Layering Squares Framelits) was the perfect way to fit the Mojo Monday card sketch layout. I simply popped it up using a few snips of Dimensionals. I added snippets of Dimensionals behind the reindeer wherever she would “hang off” of the frame, to keep her secure and in place. Her antlers (of course she’s a her – even if she has antlers!) are glued down to the frame with a little bit of liquid glue because they seemed to want to pop up just a little.
To get the ruffly looking twine bow, I simply pulled apart the three sections of the Very Vanilla Thick Baker’s Twine, and used one section. I just love the “I went to bed with my hair braided and wet” look that it has!
The inside of the card was very simple but all that it needed to balance out that glitz on the front!
You can see all of the ingredients along with the full instructions below to make this card! Click on any ingredient to be taken to my store and don’t forget to use the Host Code when shopping:
Thanks for stopping by!
- Pink Pirouette cardstock to 4 ¼ ” x 11″
- Very Vanilla cardstock to 4″ x 5 ¼ ” (2 pieces)
- Mint Macaron scalloped frame using largest scalloped square framelit
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper using Reindeer thinlit
- Using cut Mint Macaron frame as a guide, stamp sentiment on Very Vanilla layer.
- Stamp Merry Christmas and squiggle on other Very Vanilla layer.
- Adhere Very Vanilla layers to card front and inside of card.
- Attach Mint Macaron frame using snippets of Dimensionals.
- Tie bow around the reindeers neck.
- Attach reindeer by using Dimensionals where she “hangs off of the frame”. I also added a little liquid glue behind the antlers to keep them in place.
- Adhere Fancy Frost sequins to card front using Dimensionals.
- Smile because you are done!